Residential Property Inspections In Pittsburgh
Our Home Inspections and Reports Include:
Residential inspections, commonly called Home Inspections, are usually performed on single family homes, condominiums, and townhouses. Duplexes and three family homes are also residential inspections.
The inspection is an independent, objective evaluation of the condition of the elements of your home that is accurate and informative.
The Systems and Components inspected include:
- Heating and Cooling Systems
- Plumbing System
- Electrical System
- Roof and Attic
- Foundation and Basement
- Structural and Architectural Features
- Built-in Appliances
- Lots & Grounds
Each system and component is broken down in the narrative report. We go beyond what we see in most of our competitor’s written reports as follows:
- The risk of not making each repair is described in terms of the safety risk or by the lack of functionality.
- Material defects are called material defects in the written report to differentiate them from repair and maintenance.
Material defects are highlighted in the report using the term ‘Material Defect’. The ‘Material Defect’ definitions from the ‘Home Inspection Law- Act 114 of 2000’ are:
- ‘A problem with a residential real property or any portion of it that involves an unreasonable risk to people.’ and
- ‘A problem with a residential real property or any portion of it that would have a significant adverse impact on the value of the property.’
Major components including roofing, heating, cooling, water heater, electrical systems that are at the end of their useful service lives are also described. Our narrative reports are detailed and specific to your home. They describe the conditions and include photos such that anyone reading the report would understand the condition of the home.
Simply stated, we inspect almost every component that we are able to see and follow up with a descriptive, powerfully written report. The 'ASHI® Standards of Practice' provides more information about the scope of each inspection.
We go beyond the ASHI Standards of Practice by providing energy conservation recommendations and maintenance tips so you can enjoy more cost savings and get you on the path for maintaining your home.
Call Today for a
or complete our
to schedule your inspection.